Well, I hardly make any dishes from potato so when I got some baby potatoes from Farmer's market I was at a loss what to do except fromt he usual frying as I wanted to try out something different.
I happened to see this receipe at Rak's Kitchen and immediately decided to try it(ofcourse in a different version)
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Baby potatoes - 6 nos
Youghurt - 1/4 Cup
Corriander Leaves - 1/2 bunch
Bay Leaves , Cloves, Cardamon - 2 nos
Salt - As needed
Oil - As needed
Spring Onions - 4 nos
Garlic - 2 nos
Ginger - 1/2 piece
1) Wash and soak rice in water for 15 mins
2) Pressure cook potatoes for 3 whistles, was, peel the skin, dry them and then deep fry in oil till brown(Next time onwrds will shallow fry)
3) Make a paste of youghurt and corriander leaves
4) In cooker add ghee, when hot add ginger & garlic pieces, along with Bay leaves, cardamon and cloves.
5) Next add spring onions and salt, Always add extra salt as we are going to add rice.
6) Add coriander powder, red chilly powder, Biryani masala, turmeric powder(basically any powders to enhance the taste, of course refrain from talcum powders--hehe PJ)
7) Now add the potatoes and then add the curd+coriander paste, let it heat well for some time, let the potatoes absorb the flavour
8)Then add rice along with water, close and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
9) Garnish with top part of spring onions
Delicious potato biryani is ready to be eaten.