Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Job Changes

Mu current project that I was in for 6.5 years ended on 16th June 2017. I had a happy hour and couple of lunches with friends and then back at home. Market was really really down and I barely got any interview calls. I rested at home doing my 9 round and spending time with family and playing VB. In July a friend asked if I wanted to take part in a dance for the India fest programme. I readily said yes as I had nothing much going on. Practices started, everyday from 6-7am..We had a audition on the 15th July. 1 week prior to that the dance choreographer got an ankle sprain, she was telling she will dance directly on audition. On the day of the audition 1 another girls daughter got sick and she could not make it.
We 5 went and gave the performance and also told the judges abt the 1 participant not coming, they were okay with it.
Then we had our dress rehersal on 5th Aug.1 week later I sprained my ankle very bad while playing VB. The pain and swelling was very bad. I skipped practice for some day but tried to make it 3-4 days before the dress rehersal. Finally on 5th we all gave the dress rehearsal together. On 6th Aug was our Sand Volleyball tournament, we lost in the Finals, the guys won though...
On Aug 19th was our grand performance I already put the pics up in a previous post.
http://myendeavours.blogspot.com/2017/08/india-fest-mn-2017-dance-performance.html


Then a week later I got this job interview for a project in Omaha, NE.It was supposed to be a project initially at client's place and then WFH for which I agreed. I got the job but later it looked like they wanted the candidate to be Local.
I was almost going to say NO and then changed my mind and took it up for  a 6 month commitment.
I moved to Omaha, NE on 5th Sept for job purposes and travelling every week to MN.
Will write a separate post about my time in Omaha.

2 comments:

soulsearchingdays said...

all the best with the new project

Horizon said...

Thank you! Wish I get one in MN soon