Monday, September 25, 2017

Omaha Travels - Part1

I landed in Omaha on Sept5th, 2017. My joining date was on the 6th Sept but as I had already booked my tickets for an exorbitant price I went ahead and came here on an early Tuesday morning flight. My flight was at 7:10 am in the morning. I reached the airport at 6:15am. Due to the long week-end there was a huge line  that went a long way away from the Security Checkpoint. Within 15 mins we reached at the beginning of the checkpoint and after another 10 minutes I was done with my Security Check.The boarding gate was at some other corner and I ran all the way till I got to the gate, thankfully the door was not closed and I boarded the flight. It is a short flight duration and I reached by 8:30.
My colleague had come to pick me and we went to the U.S Sogeti office. I was very depressed and wanted to go back immediately. We came to the client's place for a 1 hr meeting and then went back. We went to Qudoba and I had some Shrimp tacos, we then went back to Sogeti office and was looking for accommodation and working on some accomodations. I was not finding any place and at last with my colleague's help I got a temp acco with 5 other girls.
I went to the apt, washed my face and then me and my colleague went out for a walk.
Next day we reached office by 8. it would still be time before we got our badge and laptop etc, I wanted to go back immediately, I asked Gopi to rent a car. At the apt also I did not eat anything much, at ofc I had lunch from out.
Wed, Thu same routine of ofc to home and back. Fri, I asked for permission and left at 12:30.
 Drove for 5.5 hrs and reached home by 7.lazed at home. Sat went for fishing, did not catch anything, Sun, did laundry and then it was time to leave, drove back to Omaha.

Next week pretty much followed the same routine, 2 days played Sand Volleyball with the guys, then I got a throat infection which got pretty bad on Wed and Thu it got little better and Fri is always good as I was flying home.
Reached home by 6pm, played Vb, next day went to Costco and eve we went to India Spice.Sunday we went to Cub foods and then I packed my stuff and slept for the early morning flight at 7:10 am.
This time there was less rush and I was at the boarding gate by 6:50.
Oh, the roomies did not want me to use their stuff so I got chapatti atta, dosa mav , banana,salt,and some more eatables.

This week I went to Walmart and bought milk and eggs and did a little cooking, made some chapatis, some kale sabji, omlette etc, One day I even made dosa for myself and the roomies.
Fri again traveled back home, played VB, Sat went to Costco and Cubfoods, wanted to go out to Don Pablos but it is CLOSED.Sob Sob. So we went to Potbelly and also went fishing, caught 3 fishes.
Sunday again we went fishing and caught 2 fishes, played VB, packed my back and caught the early morning flight back to Omaha.

No comments: