Saturday, February 14, 2009

Brushetta - A Quick Snack


This Fri evening after we returned home from office I wanted to fix up a quick snack for hubby and the snack had to be something of bread as we got that lots now. Also the shelf life of bread not all that long I had to fix up something.

Not wanting to make the usual ghee toast I tried a something different yet easy.
Here is what I did:- Take 8 pieces of bread and set them out on a baking tray. Coated them with garlic paste. Dropped a few drops of olive oil and then added some cheese on top.
These went in the oven to be baked at 350F for 14 minutes.


As they were getting baked I made the toppings, cut 1 finely chopped tomato, mixed salt, pepper and oregano.
Once the bread was crisp and out of the oven I topped them with these toppings and some cilantro leaves and served them to hubby dear who gobbled them up as fast as he could.

This goes to the bread mania event by Bayleaf. Find the link here

No comments: