Saturday, February 21, 2009

Chana Cabbage Pakoda - A Healthy Option

I made this Chana Cabbage Pakoda and decided to submit it to Susan for My Legume Love Affair-EIGHT Helping.

Ingredients:- Chana Dal (2 cup)
Cabbage (1/4th)
Besan- 3 -4 tbsp
Oil
Salt, red Chilli Powder as per Taste
Ginger, Garlic as per taste
Cilantro leaves.

Here is what I did:-
Boil the Chana dal for 2 whistles. At the same time heat the cut cabbage in 3/
4th kadai water. Add salt to cabbage while heating. After 10 minutes strain water out of the cabbage and keep it aside. Now to the cabbage add the chana dal, ginger, garlic, salt, red chilli powder, a little besan and cut cilantro leaves and mix. Roll them into balls.
Heat oil in a kadai. I normally dont like to deep fry, hence I use little oil and fry the rolled up balls in them, take them out once they are brown and well cooked.
I am also sending this to the Healthy Bite Event

Your tasty pakodas are ready.
The link to the event is here



2 comments:

Susan said...

Yum, yum, yum! I love both cabbage and chana - I can just imagine what they taste like together!

Thanks for the great MLLA8 recipe, Horizon!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading through your blog, some really lovely recipes.