Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Blog 1 - Week-end Outing

Well, it's been quite some time now that I have been neglecting my blogging skills- in fact I don't even realize that I have a blog account.

Well here I am actually inspired by Preeti (author of Just a mother of two) who has started this blog marathon for the month of July and I thought to myself, if she can do it at least I can try to do it 2 :)

So anyway - though I am starting a week late- will try to pen something for the whole month.

So today I am going to write about the Weekend outing that we had........to Minnehaha park and Crystal Caves.

Sunday morning or noon rather we all left in 2 separate cars. 1 car with 5 of us- in-laws , my sweetu and me and hubby and another one with Dev,Renu,Neha & Subash.. reached Minnehaha park by 1:00 pm. Luckily for us it had rained the previous nite and so we could get to see the falls.

After taking a lot of pics we decided to head back to the vehicle where as the others took a stroll by the park and joined us a few minutes back. Now my baby is quite well behaved in the car these days...he sleeps as soon as we drive..... :)

From here we headed for Crystal Caves which is at WI..mid-way we stopped at Subway for some lunch and reached the caves at 3:30 pm. The next tour of the caves was not until 4:10pm , so after buying tickets we pretty much lazed around and clicked away some pics......

Finally the tour started at 4:10..We had a tour guide who pretty much told us the story behind the caves formation and also all the different minerals you could find there. Ritvik got restless after sometime, I showed him the camera to distract him, but he took it and while taking it back from him, it fell down..so my camera which I had got when my baby was born is damaged and hence no more pictures till hubby decides to get another camera for me ......


The caves were not as I expected and bit of a disappointment. We reached home by 7 pm, a good game of volleyball followed with dinner at friends place to end the week-end.

2 comments:

Preeti Shenoy said...

Sounds like a nice outing. It would have been good to see pictures too!
Cheers and thanks for the mention.
Preeti

Horizon said...

My camera broke-- so no pics :(