Thursday, January 30, 2014

Kids and Tv-Time

If it were up to me I would not have TV in the house. I rather prefer reading books or playing games, talking, bonding with family.

But that is not the case in our house as we do have a TV which hubby watches very eagerly. I do watch TV when it is only me and hubby but I do not like my 4 yr old watching TV.

The problem is that my hubby watches a lot of TV and allows my baby to watch them too.
If it was only me and baby at home there is absolutely no TV-time.

What we do is a reading, I read books or we just lie on the sofa and cuddle each other, talking, kicking, hugging, teasing each other.
I give him some home-work now that he is growing and he will take so much time to write that that there is no potential for TV during that time.

Luckily my baby goes to the day-care and hence I do not have to worry much about TV time during the day but even if I were at home there is so much activities on the Internet to keep the kid busy.

Also I am dead against giving cell phones to kids, I don't understand why parents do that.
I go to parties and instead of playing I see all these kids sitting and playing games on their parent's phones.
I am not sure how much time I can keep my kid away from such peer pressure.

No comments: