Sunday, January 05, 2014

Week-end Birthday Party

This Saturday we had a birthday party at our apartment complex. I have heard a lot about the host's cooking skills for previous birthday parties but this was the first one I am attending.

We went for decorating the party hall @ 11am and returned by 3pm. Me and R came back for a nap but neither slept. We got ready by 6:30 and reached the venue. We started on snacks immediately, snacks included Poli, Cashew Nut Pakoda, Bonda, Peanut Bhaji Chat, 3 types of chutney(Garlic/Tomato/Peanut) and Mango Juice.
This was followed by cake cutting after an hour and then a game of Pinata for the kids followed by dinner which had
Naan
Malai Kofta
Paneer Curry
Okra fry
Tindora bhaji
Rice
Sambhar
Curd Rice
Boiled egg
Chicken Biryani
Chicken fry
Mutton curry
Mutton Biryani

Desert
Boondi Ladoo
Fruit
Ice-Cream

I lost my appetite seeing so much of food on the table. We reached home by 11 pm.

I had worn my new pink dress with matching earrings that I got from India.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

drooling on seeing the food list. Where is your visa story? :-)

Horizon said...

It was quite a long list of yummy food :)