Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Fresh Pasta :)


Now that I have also started blogging along with the cooking, it gives me great pleasure to make things on my own rather than use ready made shop material. I would love to bake my own cakes, pastries, pav, naan, bread ........the list is endless and sooner than later it will all be in my blogging site. Oh Yes!!
Feb 1st 2009 was the Super Bowl Sunday and as I wanted to watch the match I thought of making pasta. Ah ha not ready made boil pasta and add the sauce, but actually make the pasta.(inspired by one I got on the net) So here is how my version went:-Ingredients:-
All purpose Flour - 1 cup
Eggs - 3
Salt
Butter
Pepper
Cheese(optional)
Olive Oil

First I took 1 cup of flour and made a well. In that I added 3 eggs and salt. Then with a fork I mixed the egg first, then slowly mixed the flour with the egg. Then I kneaded the dough well for about 5 minutes. It was a little dry and so I added some olive oil, mixed for some time and then kept it for an hour covered with a wet cloth.
After 1 hour I rolled it into thin sheets and then cut with a knife. That's all, my fresh pasta was ready.
All I had to do was put it in boiling water for a few minutes with salt and it was ready to eat!
For the sauce I took some butter and melted it, added some cheese and pepper to this.Took this in a bowl and added th cooked pasta , tossed with some more pepper.

My pasta was not very spicy, you can try the pizza sauce I made and use it here or ready made pasta sauce.
However you do it , it would be a great eat :)

No comments: