Monday, August 26, 2019

Ritvik's 2nd Birthday Party

Ritvik's 2nd birthday was the first with us (as for the 1st one he was in India) but we had not planned on doing anything major.
I wanted to have a kids party but the age group of 2yrs -3yrs is difficult to manage. We were not as keen as our friends who kept asking us as we were planning to go to India for vacation and was not sure if we would be here. Finally we decided to  book the party hall but that was already booked and so we started checking out other places. We attended another kids birthday party at Mall of America and Ritvik had such a great time that we decided that to be his birthday venue.

By Oct end we finalized the guest list, booked the cake, I wanted the most delicious milk cake that I had tasted, so we booked that Ritvik wanted the Spider man theme which we got on the big cake and a smaller one (just in case we fall short). We couldn't get outside food and hence decided to get pizza from a sop at the MOA. We also wanted it to be a little indianised and hence we ordered some baby corn manchurian as starters and I decided to make some custard for the dessert. We kept 11:30 as the time  as the time hoping that everyone would be in by 12.

Nov 12th early morning dawned as a beautiful day. It was lovely weather for the peak winter, we did not even have to wear jackets. Ritvik had fever, kept us awake most of the night and finally fell asleep at 7am in the morning. Gopi had to leave by 9 to make sure we got the area and set up decorations. I had to cook the custard. Morning, there was no electricity, what a bummer!. Electricity came after some time and I started with my cooking in a big rush. Once done I had my bath and woke Ritvik by 11, he was still feverish, gave him some Tylenol and got him ready. It was already getting late and I had to also pick the cake. Gopi kept calling and asking us to come fast. Finally we left home, picked the cake and reached the mall, only to find no parking spot. I circled for 20 minutes before finding a spot and then when we went inside the lift was not working. All the guests had arrived and finally we reached by 12:30.


No comments: