Wednesday, July 07, 2010

July 4th 2010 Trip

July 4th 2010: This year we had in-laws here and so decided to go to Las Vegas / Los Angeles. Now you can find my earlier trip details to Vegas here.

This time I had an option to stay at home with my bay for 4 days but hubby dear told very sweetly that we should come (that is what I recollect) though after the trip-- when I mentioned it was the worst trip till date(you will soon know why), he asked me why did I come? which would contradict my earlier statement.

All travel arrangemetns were done by hubby to which I had no clue off, all I knew was that we were flying to LV on a 4:00 pm flight (Fri- 2nd July). I shopped for 3 consecutive days prior to our departure. We were in all 11 of us going.5 from our family. My in-laws, hubby, baby and myself. Another family and 3 bachelors.
July2nd (Fri) we reached the airport got our boarding passes, passed through the Security check and boarded the flight. it was my baby's first air-travel and he seemed to be njoying it. We reached LV by 5:15 pm (local time PST which is 2 hours behind our time.)Baby pooped and had to clean him, the restroom was crowded, baby clung to me whole time was really difficult to clean him and get him out of there, anyway once that was done,we took a shuttle to the rental office. Two cars were booked to take us to the hotel. The other friend who was supposed to drive forgot his license. As I was the only other driver available I had to drive the other vehicle. So my family sat with hubby (who was one of the driver) and I was officially the chauffeur for the others.

We reached the hotel(Stratosphere) by 8 pm, got ready , went to a nearby Indian restaurant for yummy dinner and then went to Bellagio to see th dancing fountain. All co-ordintation witht he other party happened over the phone.we did not meet them and as it was already 12 pm we decided to head back to the hotel.
Once we all reached back we went up the tower to take a look at the breath-taking view and from there back to our comfy beds.

3rd July 2010(Saturday) - We decided to leave the hotel by 10 am , do a quick tour of the Strip and then head to the airport to fly to LA. But the others in the team decided to again head to the towers, we(me ,hubby and my sleeping baby) waited in the room for camera to take pics :( as that was with my FIL.
When they returned there was no time except for lunch at the Indian restaurant and then back to the rental to return the car and then to the airport. Again we checked in for our 1 hr flight to LA. It was a tough task to carry all the luggage plus the baby (in shifts ofcourse)
We reached LA by 4:00 pm, again took the car and drove to Venice Beach which is supposedto be the oldest beach in California. Played for some time in the water and then it was a 2 hr drive to San Diego. We started to drive back by 9pm. I wanted to be with my baby but could not as I was chauffering..:(. Finally we reached the hotel at San Diego at 1 am which is 3 am for us officially. My back ached and hands and legs hurt..infact I ha dslight fever and was totally not up to go anywhere the next day.

4th July 2010(Sunday): My baby woke up at 6:30 am, my head hurt hard..I did not want to open my eyes. In-laws and hubby were ready , I did not want to move but had to, finally got dressed took some medicine and drove to San Diego. Weather was chilly - I had packed light clothes..was cold and miserable.
At Sea world we sawthe different shows like Pets Rule, Blue Horizon, Sea Lion and Otter Show, Shamu's Show. All were fun. we did not wait for the spectacular July 4th fire-works as we had a 2 hr drive back to LA.
We reached LA hotel at 12:00 pm and after a dinner of Pizza we slept off.

5th July 2010 (Monday): Today's destination was Universal. Me and Hubby decided to stay back with the baby but again since we were the drivers we had to take the rest off te gang to th Studios, after leaving them there , had to come back to the hotel, check-out and then we went to the Kodak Theatre. Fromt here we went to Griffith Park and then finally to City Walk where we met rest of the team and drove back in our respective cars to the rental and then to LA. We had a late night flight and we reached home early in the morning. No sleep inthe plane of course.

To summarize I could not spend time with my family, my baby and all the fatigue added to it.
Worst trip till date.
Epilogue- No more driving for us on our next vacation. it is too tiresome
Photos will be coming soon.


Scorpio said...

Hey Seema,
Really feel sorry for u;I thoroughly can understand ur feelings...And these men,after all the pains u've taken,not at all fair to tell u 'y u came'??Well,dats the most easy answer one can find...n its alws the habit of men,i guess:)...nywy,nxt time make sure u plan a trip such that u won't hav to drive n can spend ur time relaxing with ur baby n hubby...n,i'm waiting for the pics...can't get access to the pics in ur previous LV trip post.

Reflections said...

All in all very eventful...driving when u r feeling sick is the worst really;-(

p.s: U r tagged:-))