Wanted to try out something different and I ended up making this Lemon Olive Cake.
Healthy, Tasty and Moist is the 3 words that can be used to describe it.
I copied the recipe from here and am going to put it down here from her blog so that I can remember it the next time.
For the cake:
1 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup maida
A pinch of salt
About 3/4 cup granulated sugar
About 1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup buttermilk
For the glaze:
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1-1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1. In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice, egg, oil, buttermilk, lemon zest, and granulated sugar. Beat well, till the sugar melts fully.
2. Add the other ingredients – maida, salt, baking powder, baking soda and wheat flour – to the bowl. Fold into the wet mixture gently. Mix everything thoroughly.
3. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degrees. In the meanwhile, grease and flour a cake tin and keep ready.
4. When the oven is hot and ready, pour the batter into the cake tin. Let it bake for about 40 minutes at 180 degrees, or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
5. While the cake is cooking, prepare the lemon glaze. For the glaze, mix together the teasponfull of lemon juice and powdered sugar well. While the cake is still warm, remove it from the cake pan and spread the glaze evenly all over it.